Last Friday we went to the zoo with Chrissy and her family. What an adventure. It was a beautiful cold day. We saw the usual bears, cougar, monkeys.... and snakes. WOW. How many times have you been to the zoo and said "I would like to see the giant python move just once." Well Friday was the day. There was a rabbit about the size of a cat in the cage. The snake started dragging that think all over the cage. Chloe threw her arms in the air and yelled "WHOO HOO" We could not peel her away from the glass. It eventually pulled the head off, but it was still attached by the skin. That is when we decided to leave. We watched that thing for almost a half an hour.
That night she woke up during the night crying. I thought she might be having a nightmare about the snake. She said to me "You made me leave before the snake was finished. I wanted to see the whole thing."
Caleb is not allowed out of his stroller until we get to the playground. It is so funny to have a girl so into snakes. Chloe will not leave the snake house. Hannah just wants to eat when we go to the zoo. She wants kettle corn, drinks, and anything she can get her hands on.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Fall Zoo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are lucky to have seen that darn python move. Wow, a big rabbit. Was it dead first?? Or did they put it in there kicking and freakin out? Could you imagine!? Crazy! We need to get back to the zoo. I have a membership!
HA HA HA NICE! I've been so busy, I totally forgot that I had pictures of this, too. I'm going to copy you and post mine. I felt bad when I thought you were going to say that Chloe had a bad dream about the snake! Phew! We're all so weird, to enjoy it as much as we did...
"You made me leave before the snake was finished. I wanted to see the whole thing."
Now that is the greatest thing I've heard all day.
I love the zoo. That is cool you got to see the snake eat the rabbit. Matt would have freaked out. He is terrified of snakes.
That is a great story to tell chloe when she is older about the snake.
Post a Comment