Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ross Shirley

I stole this picture from Jenna's blog. This is my Grandpa and Grandma Shirley. Grandpa passed away late last night. He was 96. I have been so blessed to have a person like him in my life. Although we only saw him when we were able to travel to Idaho, we had some good times.

I remember rides on the motorcycle. I remember fishing in his pond. I remember the tv REALLY loud. I remember him telling stories of the trouble he would get in with the rangers at Yellowstone park. I remember he would laugh kinda like Te Heh Heh Heh. I remember many friday night we would arrive to Idaho and he would still be working at the temple. What a great example in my life. He will be missed.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

That was really beautiful about your grandpa. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. But what a blessing to have him in your life for so long.