Sunday, January 11, 2009

First time for everything

Hannah received a Tie-Dye kit for Christmas. I have never done it before so I was not excited. We went to the store a found some cheap shirts. The kit came with a sweat band and shoelaces. She also won a apron at Bingo on Christmas Eve.
Some turned out better than others. The shoe laces did not take any color at all. The directions did not tell us to squirt dye into every crack and crevice, I guess you were supposed to just know that. Some of the shirts are really white. The wrist band has a cute little blue heart on it. I don't know how we did that.
It was a fantastic mess. Eventually the dye wore off my hands. (It only came with one set of gloves, and I was not smart enough to buy more.) Good old cleanser took the mess off of the counter. I did put a drop cloth on the counter, but who stays on the cloth?

Maybe this summer we will make more out side and stain the grass. The most important part, Hannah loved making them. She wants to make more. She wears the sweat band and the socks she made all the time.

1 comment:

Shalise said...

tie dye, I cannot believe how popular this is again, the 80's are coming back.. who hoo! She did a good job- what a cute girl..